Welcome to Sapcote Parish Council
Clerk to the Parish Council
Michael J. Guntrip LLB., DMA.
11 Northumberland Avenue
Tel 01455 290681
Sapcote is a small community with
a population of approximately
2,600. While it does have a
number of older properties, the
majority of the residential
properties were constructed post
1950. The village is located
approximately 4 miles east of
Hinckley and is surrounded by open countryside which is substantially agricultural land. There is an Area of Separation to the north between Sapcote and Stoney Stanton. A large part of the Parish is rural supporting a number of farms. The commercial outlets in the village open to the public are limited to a post office, a co-op, a hairdressers, a public house, a working men’s club and, on the edge of the village, a garden centre.
There are four disused quarries within close proximity of Sapcote the most well known of which houses the Stoney Cove diving centre.
Sapcote is a village with a long history, Iron Age pottery having been unearthed here. There is also evidence of Bronze Age occupation and a Roman villa and bath house dating from 1st Century AD. The former castle and manorial site was located on the Recreation Ground site and this site is now a scheduled ancient monument